Wisconsin-based Menards is recalling about 42,000 MasterForce 3.6-volt cordless screwdrivers because they may overheat and ignite when charging, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The company has learned of three reports of fires, including injuries involving burns to the hand and temporary hearing loss.
The screwdrivers, which are labelled MASTERFORCE and “241-0717,” were sold in Menards stores in the U.S. from April 2007 through May 2008 for about $30 US.
The tools were made in China.
Consumers should stop using the products and return them for a replacement or refund.
OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting. Copyright (c) 1999-2020 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission. You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material. All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.